TECH NEWS DESK:
Microsoft releases a new Windows 11 build to the Windows Insiders in the Dev (Preview) Channel. The latest update comes as “Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25145.1000“, and contains plenty of new features and improvements along with several bug fixes.
One of the highlights of this build is the inclusion of “Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS)“, whereas the other is”OneDrive storage alert and subscription management in Settings“. To know more about LAPS (Local Administrator Password Solution) in Windows 11, continue reading further.
Windows 11 Build 25145 gets native support for the legacy Local Administrator Password Solution product (aka “LAPS”)
The “Local Administrator Password Solution” (LAPS) provides management of local account passwords of domain joined computers. Passwords are stored in Active Directory (AD) and protected by ACL, so only eligible users can read it or request its reset.
The latest update of Windows 11 Dev (Preview) build 25145.1000 for Windows Insiders comes with the native support for the legacy Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) and includes several new features. If you have used the legacy LAPS product, many of the features (mentioned below) in this new version of LAPS will be familiar to you.
- Extend your Active Directory schema by running the Update-LapsADSchema cmdlet in the new LAPS PowerShell module.
- Add the necessary permissions on your computer’s OU by running the Set-LapsADComputerSelfPermission cmdlet.
- Add a new LAPS Group Policy object and enable the “Configure password backup directory”Setting and configuring it to backup the password to“Active Directory”.
- The domain-joined client will process the policy at the next GPO refresh interval. Run “gpupdate / target: computer / force”To avoid waiting.
- Once the domain-joined client has backed up a new password, run the Get-LapsADPassword cmdlet to retrieve the newly stored password (by default you must be running as a domain administrator).
To get to this new Group Policy, open the Group Policy editor and navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > LAPS.
The feature is fully functional for Active Directory domain-joined clients, but Azure Active Directory support is limited for now to a small set of Insiderssays Microsoft.
Original Article reposted fromSource link
Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. If we Have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) aT spacksdigital @ gmail.com
I assure you that, I will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.