Mirvish theatres lifting mask mandates on July 1


Theatregoers take note: masks are coming off at Mirvish Productions locations.

Mirvish will end masking requirements in theaters beginning July 1 for audience members.

A spokesperson for the company John Karastamatis said theater staff will continue wearing masks and actors will also mask up backstage.

“We think it is safe enough now to allow audience members to make their own decision whether they want to be masked or not,” Karastamatis said.

“We’ve recommended it, and in fact we do it ourselves. But we do recognize that times have changed. ”

While the company won’t require them, Mirvish does recommend that patrons continue to wear masks that fully cover the nose, mouth and chin while attending a performance.

Ontario lifted mask requirements for most indoor settings, like schools, movie theaters, sports stadiums, stores, gyms and restaurants on March 21st. Provincial mask requirements for high-risk settings, including public transit and hospitals, expired on June 11. Some Toronto hospitals and businesses, including Chapman’s Ice Cream and Sunnybrook, chose to continue to require them individually.

Earlier in June, Karastamatis told the Star all Mirvish theaters would require masks at least until the end of the month, keeping in line with the New York City-based Broadway League’s policies. Broadway theaters announced they would also be lifting mask mandates in July.

Mirvish also says this announcement follows similar decisions by the Stratford Festival, Shaw Festival, Roy Thomson Hall and Massey Hall, all of which no longer require their patrons to wear a mask but continue recommending that patrons continue to mask up.

Karastamatis said on Thursday Mirvish Production’s mask policy would change with the pandemic, and theaters would be reassessing masking in the fall.

“The work that we do is dependent on members of the community coming together in an indoor space to participate in something, sitting shoulder to shoulder,” Karastamatis said.

“So we can’t be callous about this.”

With files from Olivia Bowden and May Warren.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Conversations are opinions of our readers and are subject to the Code of Conduct. The Star does not endorse these opinions.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s){if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window,document,’script’,’//connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);


Original Article reposted fromSource link

Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. If we Have added some content that belongs to you or your organization by mistake, We are sorry for that. We apologize for that and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. If you are the rightful owner of the content used in our Website, please mail us with your Name, Organization Name, Contact Details, Copyright infringing URL and Copyright Proof (URL or Legal Document) aT spacksdigital @ gmail.com

I assure you that, I will remove the infringing content Within 48 Hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World News

Police say Highland Park suspect bought guns legally, disguised himself to escape parade. But motive remains a mystery.

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. – Police say he legally purchased a high-powered rifle, disguised himself in women’s clothing, and climbed to a rooftop. He is then accused of having opened fire on a Fourth of July parade in a wealthy Chicago suburb, killing seven and wounding dozens. But the motivation behind the latest US mass shooting […]

Read More
World News

Warning of ‘tsunami of online child abuse’ as figures show grooming cases rise

The figures were published on the day the Government announced plans to table an amendment to the Online Safety Bill, which would give Ofcom more power to demand platforms do more to combat abuse Original Article reposted fromSource link Disclaimer: The website autopost contents from credible news sources and we are not the original creators. […]

Read More
World News

UN, US Call For Investigation Into Deadly Uzbekistan Protest

<!– –> Uzbekistan Protest: UN human rights chief said over 500 people arrested during anti-government protest. Geneva: UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet and the United States both called Tuesday for a swift investigation into the deadly clashes at mass protests in Uzbekistan. Authorities in Uzbekistan said Monday that 18 people had died in clashes […]

Read More